Monday, May 31, 2010

mamamamamama

There are times when I forget about the struggles in life and think that Jack is just a baby. Just the other day I was playing with Jack and it didn't even dawn on my that his life is a struggle. I actually forgot that he was pretty much 17 months old. I don't even know how to explain this in a way that you could possibly understand. I don't understand it. Then, all of the sudden, it hits me. BAM! Oh. Jack is different.

The most amazing thing has happened over the past couple of days. Jack has started to babble more and more. He now babbles 'ma mama mammmamama mama' here and there. It doesn't seem intentional at all yet, but he's got that sound down! What a pleasant accomplishment.

Of course, there are always struggles. We attended an annual Memorial Day lunch and fishing tournament. Jack was not happy, most of the time. He did have small bouts where he would play or just chill, for no more than 10 minutes at a time. Other than that, he screamed and screamed and screamed. We tried outside. nope. inside. nope. laying down. nope. sitting up. nope. walking around. nope. his chair. nope. we ended up coming home. He slept on the way home but was quickly peeved once again. I wish I know what got him going so we could eliminate the frustrations!

No comments: