Monday, May 24, 2010

1, 2, 3, 4!

Jack had feeding therapy again this morning. Phew. I'll start with the trip to Koke Mill Medical Center. Jack screamed for 50 minutes straight! I figured his diaper was wet. Then I figured he pooped. Then I smelled the poop. Then he screamed and screamed so much his voice kept going out. It didn't stop! When we made it to the parking lot, I found a spot, left the van running, and quickly walked over the Jack's side to change him in the front seat. Oh boy was I in for a surprise!
Jack's leg, hand, arm, entire left side of his face, including his eye, ear, and hair, was covered with poop. Oh boy. Luckily, it didn't make it to the car seat! I wiped him down, changed his diaper and clothes, and then headed inside. Thanks to a close bathroom, Jack got a quick wash-down with some water and paper towel.

Feeding therapy went very well. Jack ate his favorite chocolate cereal. I was taught a new technique to prepare Jack for objecting moving towards his mouth. Count to 4, with each count touching, in order: wrist, inside of elbow, shoulder, mouth. The touch for the mouth can be anywhere near his mouth; cheek, chin, lip, jaw. Well, it seems to have worked!

Jason worked on it with Jack while I was making dinner. Jack had a spoon in his hand. Jason had the other spoon with baby food. 1, 2, 3, 4! Yeah! Well, by the time I got to the table, I took over. Jack saw me and he was finished with daddy! Typical. 1, 2, 3, 4! There came a point where Jack actually opened his mouth at count 3 or count 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was like a little birdie. The food came right back out, but he also ate some! Apples and Blueberries!

No comments: