Saturday, May 1, 2010

sorting through

This evening I was getting some items ready for our moving sale, which keeps getting pushed back. I found the container FILLED with bottles and bottle nipples. For 30 minutes I sat and sorted through Dr. Browns, Soothie, Gerber 4oz, Gerber 8oz, and Evenflo bottles. This doesn't even include the 9 different types of nipples or hospital grade nipples I still have, which are individually wrapped.

I'm feeling down about the four months that Jack struggles with trying to eat. I'm feeling down about not being able to help him sooner. The memories are flooding in and I feel overwhelmed. I don't even know if I should sell the bottles. I tossed the used nipples. What if Jack decides to eat from a bottle one day? What if I need to try different bottles? What if I have another child one day? What if that baby has trouble eating from a bottle too? Should I keep these 'just in case'?

I can't just forget this. It makes me sad and I feel like I was helpless and I couldn't care for my child.

I should clean out and move on but I feel like I'm going to be on that television show, "hoarders"

No comments: