Thursday, May 13, 2010

6 straight hours of appointments

Where do I start:
Trip to St. Louis. Plan-renal ultrasound. urology clinic. EEG. lab.
Jack had his renal ultrasound at 10am. He also had a last minute pelvic x-ray, requested by the urologist at the last minute. I watched the images on the screen during the ultrasound. The dark circle was much smaller than recently seen. We get to the urology clinic. The doctor walks in and tells us that Jack's kidneys look great! I, of course am saying, "no. really? no. you're kidding!" His kidneys are only dilated a small amount. No sludge. No stones.No appointment for 6 months.!
Jack had his EEG around 12:30. His head was covered with probes. He screamed for about 40 minutes, as his head was first marked with green marker, then the marks were rubbed with this green gel stuff and the probes were stuck to that, which then followed with some gauze and special glue. After the mechanism was placed on Jack's head, and the tech checked to be sure that everything was running correctly, we did some tests (I held his eyes closed for 20 seconds and then a strobe light was run). We then turned off the lights and Jack got to take a much needed nap, which sadly was only 20 minutes. He DID NOT want to wake up. Boy was he peeved! The EEG didn't show any seizures during the test. The doctor is certain that Jack had a seizure. We can't medicate him because we don't know what type of seizure he had. All we can do right now is pray that Jack doesn't have another one. If he does, I am to video tape it and let the doctor know. Once they see it, they hope to be able to diagnose and medicate.

I have to get this off my back. This lady, whom I've never seen in my life, brings her son over to greet Jack. They look at each other. My mom asks the lady how old her son is. He's a chunker. She asks  us how old Jack is. Then she has the nerve to ask, "What's wrong with him?" OMG, I almost lost it! That was so rude and uncalled for. The nerve!

Oh, and my mom and I must be having some trouble with Weight Watchers, though we're both losing weight. We talked about food for 21/2 straight on the ride home!

No comments: