Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nutrition Schmutrition

No, not really. I don't mean that. . .Jack had his 2nd appointment with his nutritionist today. It went very well. He's gained a nice amount of weight, right where she wanted him. His ratio for weight vs. length is not around 80%, much better than before. The kid has chub on his thighs. It's about time! We've raised the total amount of formula Jack will receive each day. This is great, and boy oh boy am I happy that I've been raising the rate the formula pumps through the tubes into Jack's belly. . .I'd be getting back to a 17 hour schedule otherwise. . .NO WAY! We're down to 12 hours now. I can actually give Jack breaks, real breaks. I can unhook him from the tubes and we can play and move around without worrying about pulling anything out, over, etc. . .Don't want that pole to fall over on my son now. you know that!

Jack tried a small amount of mint chocolate chip ice cream tonight. I think he liked it. He didn't open his mouth for more, but he smacked that mouth and really worked the flavor. "Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite!" Not much interest in Cheerios since yesterday when he choked on one. I don't blame him. No interest in Gerber puffy stars either. He tried a Fruit Loop. He looked confused. No interest in the grape juice, again. . .or the stage 2 baby food. . .But he has been sleeping. . .when he isn't screaming. . .maybe we're in a transition or a growth spurt?

Tomorrow is another day

No comments: