Friday, December 10, 2010

It's the Little Things

Every now and then, Jackson will do something that is such a surprise, such an awesome achievement, I just want to scream out the door and tell the world. Of course, for those who have a 'normal' child, you would look at me like I'm crazy. But, I know that those who know Jack, or have a child like Jack, you understand.

Jack pushes his arms through the sleeves of a shirt. He also pulls them out.
Jack likes to untie his shoelace.
Jack pulled his sock off one day.
Jack was playing with his shoes while they were on the floor next to him, and was sitting them on top of his feet and sticking the shoelace in his AFO.
Jack was in the van, on the way back from St. Louis Children's, and was kicking the DVD player (the type that hangs in between the seats). I turned my head and said, "Jackson, are you kicking the DVD player?" Jack looked at me, smiled and giggled, and kicked the DVD player again.
Last night, Jack was in his bed. It was almost 9pm. He was playing with his fish aquarium by kicking it, and playing with one of his  floor toys, that I gave him to keep him happy for a while. Keep in mind, I gave him the toy around 8pm. I came in his room and said, "Jackson, you should be sleeping. No more playing with your toys." Jack looked at me with a face that said, "Oh! You caught me!" I took his toy away and he rolled over and played with his pacifier wubbanub.

He's such a big boy. I have moments when I forget that he's going to be 2. Then, I see a child 18m-24m and see how they are acting, and it's like, Oh, that's like what Jack does sometimes! He was sleeping in his bed this morning and looked so big! Unbelievable.

We're giving Jackson 1/4 new formula mixed with 3/4 old formula until Tuesday. So far so good!

Oh, and we were blessed with a gift via UPS yesterday. Two wonderful gift cards, from whom we do not know. No clues.
Whom ever it was, if someone that reads this blog,
Thank You.

No comments: