Wednesday, December 15, 2010

catching a break

I have a lot of people on facebook that say, "you can't seem to catch a break." This sentence doesn't even phase me. This is my life. God gave me Jackson.
However, I think that God is either testing me, or was on a coffee break, last night.
I came down with the flu Tuesday night. I had the pleasure of watching Evelyn at gymnastics and then went home to pack a few items. I returned to the hospital Tuesday night, feeling nauseated. I sent Jason home to get prepared for his school day. Well, I ended up getting sick to my stomach that night and didn't rest well overnight. I had aches and pains and chills.
The morning wasn't any more fun. I requested to be moved to a regular room, one that was bigger than a little cracker box. The nurses allowed it.
My mom came to the hospital after she dropped Evelyn off at school. I went home and took a nap for 2 hours, took a shower, and brought back Subway. I am currently living on a regimen Tylenol and Motrin.
Jackson is obviously still in the hospital. We are still in Decatur, and I think we will be until we go home. It's a nice change. As of 11am, Jackson was still dehydrated. We have him on formula now with the IV on maintenance. The formula rate is very slow but Jackson is tolerating it. He has petrolium jelly on his lips, and I apply about every 2 hours. Jack's lips are cracked and bleeding, his chin is dry like sandpaper, and his undereyes are too!
This afternoon has been uneventful but much needed. I have been able to doze in a regular bed (thanks to the room change-no more fold out chair). Jack is still just laying around. He watched SpongeBob and is now dozing again. My mom is at home with Evelyn and Jason is conducting his Holiday Concerts.
I will be requesting more lab work in the morning to check Jack's levels. I need to make sure he isn't still dehydrated. I'm not quite sure that the doctors care much about that other than getting Jackson back on his feeds.
Time to order some dinner. Then off to bed, again.
Take care and thanks for sticking with me.
Oh, and say a prayer for little Colton (CFC). He has been in and out of the PICU several times over the past 5 months and is back again with static seizures.

No comments: