Wednesday, December 8, 2010

and the winner is:

I apologize for not writing last night after the MRI. Time got away from me, and I was in bed by 9pm.
That's right! I was in bed. My bed! Jack was in his bed! Yippee!!!!!
I was so worried about going home because of the terrible, terrible first year of sedations, but Jackson did very well. He recovered fine from the sedation. No fever. No vomiting. He was able to tolerate Pedialyte every hour until we got home, and kept down his formula, the old one. Actually, I called GI this afternoon because I still haven't heard anything about the formula switch. I left a LONG message with the receptionist. No returned call, but I did call late in the day. I did have to give  Jackson a suppository. Poor baby. It had been 4 days. It helped greatly. I felt sorry for Jack. He was crying and crying and crying and crying and crying. . .you get the picture.
Ok, right . . .the results of the MRI. Jack still has extra fluid, or possibly a small arachnoid cyst at the posterior fossa of the cisterna magna. I'm not even going to try to explain this one to you. The doctor isn't sure if it's just too much fluid or if there is a small cyst, but he isn't worried. There isn't any pressure on Jack's brain stem, where this is located. It isn't causing any problems, and the doctor doesn't want to find out (I don't want him cutting into Jack's head either!).The other term you will learn is Corpus Callosum. Jack's Corpus Callosum is thin in one part, much more than it should be. However, it is in tact, which is VERY important. The doctor also said that he didn't like that. I learned from the neurosurgeon that the Corpus Callosum is the transporter of information of the left and right brain. It's how the left and right brain talk to each other. I did a small amount of research on this and learned that it could be one of the reasons why Jackson is delayed in many areas, and hypersensitive, and has trouble eating, etc. etc. etc. I wonder if other kids with CFC Syndrome have an abnormal Corpus Callosum.
No hydrocephalus (water on the brain). No pressure anywhere in the brain.
Feel free to research. If you learn anything let me know. . .

No comments: