Saturday, December 18, 2010

happy jack

I have an amazing husband. Last night, Jason, Evelyn, and I went out for Mexican, while grandma B and grandpa S stayed with Jackson. I had a margarita. yum. Then, Evelyn went to grandma and grandpa's for the night, Jason stayed with Jack in the hospital, and I went home to the dogs. I got to sit in bed watching an old Judy Garland movie, "In the Good Old Summertime", while sipping on hot tea.
Jason said that Jack had a difficult night. Jack was awake a lot, fussing, wanted to be held. This morning he's doing well again. On Neocate Jr. No Peptamen Jr mixed in. Still at the slow rate of 35ml/hr. If we want him to get somewhat close to his daily needed caloric intake, we need to get to 45ml/hr. That would take 23 hours of feeds, and breaks are a necessity. So he'd be missing about 100ml per day, but it would be close enough for me to feel comfortable at home.
Here's a video from this morning. Happy Jack! ! !

Is it because no Peptamen Jr, which means no milk protein? Or is it because the infection is going away?

No comments: