Monday, December 13, 2010

it's happening again

It's after 4:30am. I've been awake since 12:30am. Jack fussed in his bed from 12:30-2:30 and then started to vomit. I turned off his formula around 2am in case that was what was bothering him. I increased his formula with a bit more new to old ratio. He was getting 720 old:100 new then 720 old:250 new and tonight I did 600 old:250 new. I should have done 600 old-400 new but now I'm glad I didn't. He has been rubbing his nose very hard and fussing about every 10-15 minutes and then he vomits. He's now vomiting up only mucus and stomach acid, when he isn't retching. I am going to try to get some sleep but I don't see how. Every time I start to doze off Jack starts to fuss then vomit. I've also been doing laundry overnight to keep up with the burp cloths.
I am praying that Jason has a snow day tomorrow. He was up with me from 2:30-3:30am. I told him to go back to sleep. I'll be calling GI first thing in the morning, 8:30am, if I can keep Jack away from the local ER until then. I haven't even been able to do pedialyte. We're getting close to needing fluids. . .again. . .

No comments: