Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wow! It's only Wednesday night and I am so ready for the weekend! Jackson has been having a VERY difficult week.
Let me backtrack to Saturday morning. I've been waiting for pictures of the event, but. . .I'm. . .still. . .waiting. . .still. . .dum dum dum dum. . .
On Saturday morning, Jason, Evelyn, Jackson, Grandma Barb, Grandpa Steve, and I went to a local fundraiser, in Springfield, for a 4 year old girl with CFC! The flapjack fundraiser was at Applebee's. Oh, and Quinton, Jason's cousin, stopped by as well. Shyanna is a wonderful little 4 year old. She has been placed at the 15 month level, developmental wise. She is a good size, almost the same size as Evelyn, but the differences are obvious when looking at how she acts. We had to keep pulling away items on the table, and taking Shyanna's hands off of Jack's hands (she kept clapping his hands) and Evelyn's hair (she kept petting her hair). Shyanna was lovely and I can't wait to meet her again. It was beautiful to see how well Shyanna was doing. I've now seen CFC kids that are severe and CFC kids that are mild. If only God could give me a hint at Jackson's future.

Back to the rest of the week. Jack had a bad Sunday morning and night (lots of fussing, screaming, crying), a bad Monday morning (we visited the Nutritionist after lunch and that went fine) and night (lots of screaming), a bad Tuesday morning (lots of fussing, screaming, and crying), a bad day at school (he fussed or screaming, didn't tolerate transitions, didn't participate will with the therapies), a bad Tuesday night (lots of screaming). . .this morning was fine until I took Jack to the Cardiologist and we entered the exam room. Jack started to fuss and then cried when the nurse came in to do vitals. Then, of course a lady came in to do an EKG, which was a tragic event, according to Jack. He was screaming and kicking, and it took three people to hold him down!, and then the doctor came in, which also made Jack cry. Oh my gosh. I feel like such a. . .well. . .Jack screams or cries, and after I've attempted all possibilities, if he's still crying, I usually just hold him or let him sit/lay and scream and ignore it...but to nurses, doctors, therapists. . .it's like I get this look. . .as if they are saying to me, "aren't you going to help him? can't you make this stop?"
Sometimes I get the feeling that Jack is a burden to the teachers and students, because he fusses so much, and doesn't move around on the floor, and seems to really need a lot of attention. . .

No comments: