Sunday, November 7, 2010

home sweet home

I apologize for not posting sooner. Life has been 'interesting'. Jack was discharged from St. Louis Children's Thursday afternoon. We got home around 7pm. He didn't vomit the entire ride home, but didn't sleep either. Jack watched SpongeBob Squarepants the entire ride. Thursday night, once home, was stressful for me. My mom was still here and was a wonderful help. She helped care for Evelyn, Jason, and the house. She stayed all week while I was away at the hospital and kept Evelyn on schedule. She also stayed until Friday afternoon so I could take Evelyn on her fieldtrip. Grandma hung out with Jackson. He didn't vomit!
Everything at home is sort of back on schedule. Jack didn't take a nap Friday or Saturday, even though he was placed in bed! He also hasn't slept very well. Saturday night was very difficult. He kept crying, hysterical, with his eyes closed. I would vent his belly and change his diaper, but he would just continue to cry. We took him out around town Saturday. Jack did very well. Not too fussy. No vomit. He did look sickly, but I think he enjoyed being away.
Jack has been scooting himself around on the floor and playing up a storm. No vomit.
Evelyn has a nasty cough now, but it seems to only happen in the middle of the night, which also keeps me up.
Thanks to everyone for all of the help and support and Jack has not been vomiting!

No comments: