Thursday, November 18, 2010

kids are just honest, but still. . .

I took the kids to Lutheran Schools Association (LSA) where Evelyn will be attending Kindergarten in the fall. We met the principal and took a tour of the school.

While peeking in one of the Kindergarten classrooms, one of the little boys said, "He has funny eyes."
I should be used to something like this by now, but it made me feel sad. It saddens me that Jack may not be able to attend the same school as his sister, which isn't fair to her. She'll always be separated from him. I truly believe that he will be in a wonderful school system, that will suit his needs, but still. . .you know what I'm saying?

Oh, and Jack had another hard day at school. Found out that he did have some 'moments' when he was pleasant. He also had a lot of fussing. I guess the teachers even turned down the lights to see if it would calm Jack, and it did, to a degree.

No comments: