Wednesday, November 3, 2010

status update

Sorry I haven't written an update. Time got away from me on Tuesday. Wow! It's Wednesday. On Tuesday I kept thinking that it was Monday!
Today Jackson is 22 months old! Where has time gone?
Most recently, time has been spent in the hospital.
All of Jackson's tests have come back negative. I don't remember if I shared that with you before. I think I did, but I truly don't remember.
Jack has a NASTY cold. Some sort of NASTY virus that it making him all yucky and such. He had a hard day on Tuesday. Lots of fussing. He didn't want me to hold him. He just wanted to lay around in his little bed and watch television or play with the eyes on his wubbanub pacifier froggy. There was one point Tuesday evening when Jack was feeling pretty good. He wanted me to hold him! He sat on my lap on the hospital bench and we read some soft books. He was turning the pages and pointing to the pictures. Then, of course, he started to cough and almost vomited. We vented that belly quickly and took a break from the feeds.
Oh, and I got some respite! A student nurse, Jeff, sat with Jack and I left the hospital. I went out to Walmart and Target and grabbed a small bite at Starbucks.
Tuesday night was bad. Jack was fussy, irritable, and did NOT sleep well. He fussed a lot. This morning I was holding Jack because he was irritable and wanted me. . .and. . .he. . .coughed. . and. . .vomited. His nose has been suctioned. He's been given Mirilax. He finally passed some barium. He is now resting in bed.
I don't' know if we are going home today or tomorrow. I'm in no rush but I do know that I want Jack back to his rate so we know he can tolerate it, and have him acting closer to himself than not.
Time will tell.
I'm bored.

No comments: