Sunday, October 17, 2010

what a weekend!

Hi there. Did I ever tell you how Jack has had this nasty cold? The one that the rest of the family has had? Well, remember how Jack puked snot all over his physical therapist? Well. . .he vomited a couple times Thursday, a couple times Friday, and 4 times Saturday. Thank God he didn't vomit today. That's because I stopped feeding him bolus (with the syringe and gravity) and put him back on the pump, very slow drip. I actually was advised to take Jack to the ER on Thursday evening because his pediatrician wasn't in and Jack woke up from his nap breathing in all gasping and snotty like. The nurse wanted Jack tested for RSV, influenza, and to get a chest x-ray. Jack also had low-grade fevers from Tuesday on. . .Off to the ER we went. Three hours later we were home. All tests negative and an antibiotic prescribed for Jack's ears. I would go on to complain about the trip to the ER and the quality of care (so not good) but I just am not in the mood to vent. . .Surprising, I know!
The weekend was stressful with a sick Jack, although he wasn't acting sick, which is great! I just couldn't really take him anywhere, except for a quick trip to PetSmart and Target, because I wasn't sure if he was going to vomit again. That also means no church, again. It drives me nuts. I really want to attend church. I just can't seem to get there because of Jack. I'll focus on the coming up weekend. My goal will be to get to church.
Oh, and here's a picture of Jack's new foot-to-floor ride-on toy. We're hoping that Jack will learn to push his feet on the floor to move around. What's so cool about this toy is the safety rails on the sides. The toy didn't come with straps, and I don't even think I'll need them! Jack is able to sit on the toy when we push it with the parent handle, all by himself! I can't allow Jack to move around the house on his back. Just no good. I actually have a video of Jack traveling down the hallway on his back. I have to get it onto my computer and edited first. It will come.
I travel to St. Louis Children's Hospital Monday afternoon with my mom and Evelyn, and of course Jack. We visit the Endocrinologist tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this appointment. This is a new Endo. I'll be bringing those lab results from the Growth Factor I tests, as well as the medical records from the Nutritionist and the past Endocrinologist, and Jack's growth charts from his pediatrician. I'll fill you in once I get the chance.

No comments: