Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'll keep Jack away from the babies

Well, Jack has been vomiting for 9 days now. I took him to the Dr. today for a follow-up from the ER appointment on Thursday. Jack hasn't gained weight in 2 weeks. Go figure. So sad. Jack hasn't been getting even half of his total volume of formula, and he's been vomiting up part of that, including medications. The part that saddens me is how the pediatrician doesn't know what to give Jack to help him. His lungs are clear. He doesn't have a fever. However, he vomits and vomits and coughs and coughs and gags and gasps for air when coughing. I wouldn't be surprised if he had RSV again, because his lungs were clear those times as well. He was tested for RSV on Thursday and it was negative. Even if it were positive now, I don't think much could be done. I guess I'll just keep Jack away from other babies for now, and pray that the stomach calming medication helps.

On a good note: Jack is starting school next week! I know! He's only 21 months old and he'll be going to school. Jack will be attending the STEPS program here in Decatur. It's a class of children who receive Developmental Therapy and at least one other service. The children are up to age 3. He'll be in school twice a week for 3 hours a class. He'll receive most of his therapies there. The class even has circle time, arts and crafts, gross motor play, and snack time. And. . .everything revolves around some form of developmental therapy.

That is all for now. Jack is fussing again. I guess I'll go check on him. He should be sleeping but with the way he's fussing I'm guessing that his belly hurts and he's going to vomit. . .again.

No comments: