Sunday, October 24, 2010

"I want that mom"

Jackson seems to be getting better. He's been taking a special anti-nausea medication, Zofran, since Wednesday night. We had success until this evening. He vomited in the car. Darn.

The Endocrinologist called me today. The Endocrinology team discussed Jackson during their weekly rounds and decided that, instead of taking the Growth Hormone Stimulation test, they would go ahead and do a trial to see if it may help Jackson grow, and also build his strength! This won't start for a while, but I'm thinking that we'll be starting the nightly injections within the next month.

Jackson pointed to some baby toys at a store and said, "uh" and signed "want". So cute!

I took the kids to church this morning. I tried to take Jason as well, but as we were pulling out of the driveway, the new garage door opener wouldn't close the door. Jason stayed back and battle with the sensors, and I took the kids to church. And. . .Jack only cried one time. He sat in his KidKart and played with his toys, tossed his toys, read his books, and even danced to the music (rocked his head from side to side). He also clapped at the end of service after the closing song! So funny.

And, I have learned a very important rule today. DO NOT sit a child with sensory processing disorder in a pile of fall leaves to attempt to take a picture. BAD IDEA!

No comments: