Wednesday, October 13, 2010

quiet time

I'm giving myself some quiet time. It's a little before 10am. Jack is playing with his toys. The dogs are sleeping. Evelyn is at school. It's nice and cool outside. I should be cleaning, coloring my horrible gray hair, playing with Jack. . .but instead I'm sitting with the television off, sharing the peace and quiet with you.

Jack had physical therapy yesterday. I didn't cancel because he doesn't have a temperature. Jack does have a NASTY cold, but that's all. . .for now.  So, back to the physical therapy. . .Jack was so peeved! His therapist was holding Jack between her legs, trying to get him to kneel. He wanted nothing to do with that. We got his legs into a standing position since that's what he did a while back. Oh, here's the photo of that!

Well, Jack locked his knees and pulled his entire upper body into a stand! Of course I didn't have the Flip recorder out! We were so excited for him. He was screaming the entire time! Evelyn and I got the Flip out and started recording again, hoping that he would repeat this incredible strength he recently demonstrated. Nope. Just a TON of screaming. Jack's therapist eventually sat Jack on her lap to allow for some 'calm down' time. This is when Jack decided to start coughing from screaming so much, followed by a disgusting 'snot vomit' all over the therapist's leg! Nope. I didn't get that on 'film'.

That is all I have to share. Jack has slept through the night for two nights now. Keep in mind: Jack is being drugged with Zyrtec during the day and Benadryl over night. Gotta be why!

No comments: