Saturday, August 14, 2010

little talker

I should be sleeping. . .but I'm not.
I thought I'd share some of the new things Jack is 'saying'. The words are broken, but I know, in my heart, what he means.

We walked into our book store at the mall, and Jack says, right away, 'ook' (book). Then directly after, 'meh ook' (ma/my/mom book). He points up at lights, and every now and then we hear, 'I' (light). He has also been sticking out his tongue while trying to say things. I hear a lot of 'ma me mom, mal, ba, ook, ool, da, dee, dad, Evie, mo (more)' etc etc etc etc etc.
He even goes crazy with his hands when he really wants to say something but doesn't know what to do.
Luckily we'll be seeing a speech therapist very soon. Can't wait to figure out all of these words!
He reaches for me or touches me to ask for help. He waves his hands and claps when he's crying if his belly hurts from all of the gas. He stopped hitting his head as much. Phew. He points to tell me where he wants to go, especially if he wants to touch something. My favorite silly thing Jack does lately? He reads a book with his feet. He literally turns the pages with his feet!
Oh, and I'm still having the belly gas issues. We're going on day 6 with the medication.

No comments: