Wednesday, August 18, 2010

and the news for the week. . .

I am tired! I am tired of listening to a screaming Jack, morning, noon, and night. I am tired of watching Jack his his head and face. I am tired of listening to Evelyn whine,whine, and whine some more. I am tired of being tired all of the time from not getting much sleep.
Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest! Ok. We, in all seriousness, were almost killed yesterday in an almost fatal car crash (not our fault, and I'm happy I saw it coming). We were on I-74 in Champaign-Urbana, heading from an exit 184 to an exit 181 to get a late lunch. Way far ahead I saw a ton of cars with their brake lights on. It looked like some major traffic. I started to slow, very early, to a point where Jason was asking, "Are you ok?", and I was like, "There are a ton of cars up there with their brake lights on!" Well, as I was getting to an almost stop, this blue pick-up truck came at the back of our van full speed. I thank God that I looked in my mirror and saw him coming right at me, and I quickly moved the van to the right as he swerved to the left, nearly hitting me, and several other cars behind him swerved. I could hear tires screaching all around! Thank you God for being with me and my family. And thank you God for making everyone else in the van unaware of the situation. We exited and I calmed down. My entire life with my family was flashing before me. What a scary experience. I love my family. I know we have a lot of stress and tend to get overwhelmed lately, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.
On a lighter note, Jack has decided to skip naps two days in a row, stay up screaming until 11pm, and then wake up several times screaming over night.
We add Speech Therapy to our services this week. Evelyn will start a dance class in 4 weeks.Her gymnastics starts in 2 weeks as does school.

No comments: