Monday, August 23, 2010

communication

It's Monday morning around 8am. Jack and I are in our living room, both of us on the floor. Jack is on his blanket, hooked up to his feeding pump, which stands directly behind him.
He tried to communicate with me a few minutes ago. He made some silly sounds, waved his hands, made the 'where' gesture,  wiggled his fingers around while tapping them, and then pointed his index fingers at each other, which means 'hurt'. I asked him several questions, mentioned some objects and feelings, and he just kept trying...It's so sad when Jack tries to communicate with me and he doesn't know what to do and I can't figure out what he wants. I've been trying to teach him how to say 'yes' and 'ya' in words and how to nod his head, 'yes' but we haven't been successful yet. . .

Frown.

No comments: