Friday, January 24, 2014

What day is it?

It's time for an update. I'm sure that there are some concerns about Jackson. I am very thankful to have such a great support group. I tend to separate myself from society and Jack has forced me into a situation where I must learn to depend on others. It really does take a village to raise a Jack! We have had amazing support with this recent illness! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

Jack does have pneumonia and it is being treated. 

Thursday went much smoother than it ever could have. We had some nausea and discomfort. A lot of owies and whys. Jack was vocal and agitated when he was examined or had his blood drawn. However, this is a great improvement from Wednesday. On Wednesday, Jack didn't fuss or move at all for IVs, blood draws, or exams. He was awake most of the night with discomfort. On Thursday night, he only woke up one time although it was for an hour. He was still very uncomfortable but his discomfort was much improved.

Friday has been even better! Jack was awake almost all day! It was nice to see his eyes open instead of rolled back from being so ill. I was able to hold Jack on my lap in a chair a couple of times. We cuddled, watched tv, played games on my phone, and did face time with my mom and Katie. Side note-face time on the iPhone is AWESOME!!! We talked to grandma and Katie throughout the day. Grandma even read Jack a book!


Jack was started on Pedialyte around noon. He only got 1oz over 90 minutes, but it's a start. Plus= the small dose of liquid went well and Jack tolerated two more feeds at a faster rate! I'm so pleased that Jack's belly is cooperating. He's been asking for blender chicken and saying he's hungry all day! He even asked for chips!  Jack wants chips: Jack gets chips! The doctor approved tasting!

I was able to get a nice break from the hospital room this evening. Although we had to tweak our plans bit, I got to go home and eat and shower and then take Evelyn and her friend to a Junie B. Jones musical. You'll know who that is if you've read the books. It felt nice to get some fresh air and be among the world. It was nice to be at home, even if only for a short while, and take a real shower and sit on a couch. I got to hold Katie for a second (that's as long as she'd sit still) and I got some time with super Evie! Thank you, Jason!

One last note, we really do have a wonderful support group! For the first time ever, Jack received Get Well Soon cards and a banner from his classmates and Evelyn's class. He didn't care but it meant the world to me. 

Oh , and I slept six straight hours last night and then another 3! That's a record for me in like forever!!!!!!!

No comments: