Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weighing on me...

I've had this burdon weighing on me for quite a while.

I recently attended Jack's parent-teacher conference with his new teacher.

I don't even want to get into specifics because I'll be writing this for weeks!

Jack is a disturbance in class (of course)
He won't use the PECS system to choose toys for free play (so they should make him work on it not just give up,  right?)
He is improving with his new speech therapist but he isn't doing what his SLP wants him to do (he doesn't do what I want him to do either)
He still isn't meeting his goals with his occupational therapist. He hasn't met his goals for like, ever (he is so stubborn)
He didn't pass any goals in physical therapy (he yells and screams)

I'm worried he'll get dropped if he doesn't show improvements. I am starting to think we need to up the therapy outside of school but he's so stinking stubborn.

On a side note,
Not like you really want to know, Jack is still suffering (or msybe just suffering again) from discomfort in the plumbing area, he's been asking for his pediatrician for 2 weeks (when this recent episode started) and started requesting the otoscope for his right ear ("I want flashlight. Ear test.") this morning. I guess I'll be calling the nurse first thing in the morning. This will make for an interesting conversation.

Here's a silly picture of Jack trying to sit on a baby doll wheelchair.

No comments: