Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy Day

Wow. 4 yrs. Every time I look at the clock I recall the stressful events. Due on Valentine's Day. 6 weeks early. You came into the world; us knowing you were already quite an individual but unsure exactly how special you were. I saw pictures of you when I was in recovery.I got to touch you in your incubator, if only for a minute, your tiny yellow ear muffs covering you, before you were wisked away for a helicopter ride to a distant NICU. I saw pictures of you for 2 days while I recovered, 45 miles away. I'll never forget this day. You've come a long way and you're a stinker!
You wanted a guitar birthday so I made you a guitar cake.
You requested steak so we'll be going to Texas Roadhouse in a bit!
I love that you are talking!
*Update: we went to Texas Roadhouse and Jack loved every bit. He tasted steak, grilled mushrooms, bread and butter, and cheese. He swallowed at least one l piece of steak and mushroom.

No comments: