Thursday, September 29, 2011

~~~~ick~~~~

First, I must apologize for not updating everyone post-eye follow-up. Woops. Time just keeps getting away from me. My mother drove down to Decatur and took the trip with to St. Louis Children's Hospital. Have I told you how awesome she is?! I never ask her to come. I don't want her to feel obligated. She continues to help. I love her.
So, our worries were confirmed, but they weren't as bad as we thought. Jackson did rub out the sutures, but they weren't the sutures holding the eye muscle to the eyeball. This may be a bit graphic...The doctor took a speculum to keep the eye lids open so we could look in Jack's eye. ~~~ick~~~ I get grossed out just thinking about it. Jack was so angry, he kept popping out the speculum. It was really gross looking. My gosh, the human eyeball is HUGE! There is a layer over the eyeball that has to be cut open and pulled back so the eye muscle can be accessed. The sutures keeping the outer layer of the eye closed up came out. Of course, this could be partially incorrect. I started to do some research on the eye but it's REALLY gross.The doctor did not put the sutures back in. He chose to let the eye heal all by itself.

What else...Jack saw the Orthopedic Doctor today. All is good. We got a new script for AFOs. We take Jack in Friday to get casted. I hope to take pics! It's pretty silly! He'll be getting new AFOs. I wonder what design we'll go for?

No comments: