Sunday, February 20, 2011

and it happened again. . .and again.

I wanted to share news that Jason and I have been trying to decide if we need to take Jackson to the ER.

Let me back up. Jack woke up Saturday morning vomiting a small bit (I know. . .again?!). He ended up vomiting 4 times total. My description, not like I want to disgust everyone, but I've written about much worse, is to take a 4oz bottle and dump it on a towel, or on the carpet. That's how much Jack has lost each time. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but usually so much it's pouring off the burp cloth, receiving blanket, while we're trying to play 'catch'. It starts out with mucus, just like before. The reason why we haven't taken Jackson in: he's acting fine, other than still in pain from his ears, and tired. His diapers are still wet. He isn't vomiting every 20 minutes like in October and December. Today, Sunday, he vomited twice.

Let me back up some more. I took Evelyn to the doctor (for low fevers and coughing and sneezing for more than 2 weeks) on Thursday and Jack came with. He's got that double ear infection that was diagnosed on Monday and he started coughing a day or so later. Starting on Wednesday, Jackson's nose was pouring, literally pouring, mucus. We were told that Jack probably has RSV. That doesn't surprise me. The nurse practitioner (because Evelyn and Jackson's Pedi wasn't in all week) recommended that I give Jack breathing treatments if he's coughing. The breathing treatments seem to help but they also seemed to aid in more vomit. Doesn't make sense to me. . .but, I'm getting a little too specific here, Jack usually, when he's very very snotty, vomits thick mucus first, followed by the formula. With the breathing treatments, there isn't any mucus, just a TON of thin formula. GROSS. sorry.

If Jack starts showing any signs of dehydration I'll be sure to take him in. Otherwise, what am I supposed to do? Poke him for a blood draw just in case?

I ask you to pray for these CFC kids that are having difficult times: Abby (mass in front of brain between eyes and heart failure. Will require brain surgery but it is very risky); Danielle (still in the hospital for RSV, going on more than a month, prior hospitalizations for pneumonia and seizures); Colton (IVIG treatments that sometimes cause allergic seizures, prior hospitalizations for pneumonia. Sister has the flu and all family members are on Tamiflu); Jacob (many seizures each day, trying to find the right mix of medications to control the seizure activity); Mael (had brain surgery to aid in slowing down the seizure activity. Only 2 weeks after the surgery, in Holland, he is resting at home).

I also mention a baby girl with Noonan Syndrome who lost her battle today. She went into the OR for a g-tube placement a couple of days ago and her heart stopped.

And, Little Adam, Jackson's classmate and friend. Adam has Down Syndrome and is in the hospital with RSV and possible pneumonia. Adam had heart surgery when he was a baby.

And of course two family members who are in the hospital. And other family members who are sick. And for my getting back into a healthy eating groove. I'm eating WAY TO MUCH!

No comments: