Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Maybe he'll poop!!!

Jack is much happier at home! He's still pale and weak and his formula is moving very slow, but he's HOME!!!


Keeping Busy
Good news! This picture is already outdated. It's from Saturday before Jack came home. That's right! Jack came home Sunday night!!! The final picture is of Jack while still admit at Decatur Memorial Hospital.
This is what Jack did most of the time.
My pictures are out of order and I just don't really care to fix them right now. Katie is taking a nap and Jack is in his bed playing quietly while eating. He's been awake since 4:30am. Jack woke me up, retching and moaning. I quickly turned off the feeding pump. As I was looking Jack over, he turned and looked at me and said, "Hi. Go couch." I'm like, "It's still dark out. You should go back to sleep." Jack says to me, "Sit couch. Watch Spongebob." So, because he's been in the hospital and he's recovering from everything, and he was retching, I gave in and got him dressed. We hung out until a little after 6am when I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I put him back to bed with toys. Jason got up shortly after that and took over. Super dad!
I'm glad that Jack is resting. Maybe he'll poop!!!!! That would be miraculous! He had a poop Monday morning, which I wasn't expecting to happen so fast. That's a wonderful sign. It means that his intestines are awake, once again. Of course, he hasn't had one since, but we're moving along, trying to get the formula in at a larger volume. Jack is acting close to himself, other than laying around more than usual. He's sat in his highchair and tasted salted chips at least six different times!

And...Evelyn just came from Jack's room stating that it stinks in there! YIPPEE!!!! 

Anyone want to hold Jack's hands for me?!
 

No comments: