Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, big boy! The big '3' Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!
Jackson is 3! He's 3! I can't believe it! Around Christmas I was thinking about how I couldn't walk without having contractions; around New Years I was thinking about how I had my second overnight observation; On the 2nd I went in for the gestational diabetes test but the hospital didn't have my order so I went to the labor & delivery floor for yet another non-stress test and my contractions were showing and I was 1cm and like three different nurses checked the dilation; around 1:00am on the 3rd (34 weeks pregnant) I drove myself to the hospital, pretty sure I was in labor (contractions coming every 3-4 minutes), spent the next 4 hours sure I was in labor while the nurses didn't think so (as I was nearly jumping off the bed in severe pain!) until they discovered that I was 4 cm and tried to slow labor ( two nurses and the doctor stared at me in agony on the bed, not sure what to do) with magnesium sulfate (my doctor was on vacation) to transfer me to a different hospital (two doses, didn't work); I went in for an emergency c-section (my second, and this time the operating room wasn't fully prepared and it was being stocked as I was getting the spinal, while nearly jumping off the table having horrible contractions) and had our little Jackson at 6:46am! Happy Birthday!
   
     The story evolves from there, like a jump rope twisted in a manner that you can't even find the end.

Pictures will follow. I want to wait until I get pictures of Jack starting his first day of preschool!

No comments: